Aloe Vera or its substance Aloe Vera gel is having various health benefits especially in Skin care treatment. If you are looking for the natural remedies to your skin related problem, Aloe Vera gel and the body lotion made up from Aloe Vera is the best possible solution for you. In this article, we will discuss about various health benefits of Aloe Vera and how it can be helpful in Skin care treatment. Before we discuss the benefits, let me tell you about Aloe Vera.
What is Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera Gel?
Aloe Vera is also called a “wonder plant.” Its Ayurvedic name is “Ghritkumari.” Being a medicinal plant; Aloe Vera is used in both cosmetic and food industries. It is a very short-stemmed plant. The leaves of this plant are thick juicy and fleshy. Aloe Vera is 99% water, and 1% is potent biochemical liquid. It is a rich source of minerals and vitamins. Used in Ayurveda to make medicines, Maharishi Ayurveda recommends Aloe Vera for the number of skin treatments. It has been most important and most used plants in folk medicine. Being cultivated worldwide as an ornamental plant; it has been used for centuries and is currently more popular among beauty freaks. It has been widely grown these days in the home gardens to add to its beauty. Its uses as a beauty care product and medicine results in glowing face, beautiful hair and fat reduction.
Aloe Vera has two main substance:
- Latex form and
- Gel form
Aloe Vera gel is jelly-like substance found in inner part of the plant and latex comes from just under the plant’s skin and is yellow. Aloe Vera gel is nature’s healer and can be used as anti-septic and having other application too . This write-up will highlight all the significant uses of Aloe Vera for Skin devoid of the fact that it is grown in your backyard garden or you are going to buy it.
Skin Benefits of Aloe Vera
As discussed earlier, Aloe Vera gel is having various benefits and not just limited to skin but in this article, we will mainly emphases on the usage of Aloe Vera in Skin Treatment and will discuss the other benefits in our upcoming article series. Here are few major benefits:
- Human skin always seeks for nutrition; thus, it is extensively used as a beauty product. Adequately formulated Aloe Vera can be used to restore nourishment to your skin.
- Aloe Vera gel is applied to the face as an acne treatment and has proved benefits in this treatment. A mixture of Aloe Vera gel with a few drops of lemon juice will do the magic for you.
- For its soothing property, it can also be used on burns, itchy and dry skin.
- Using it as a scrub can remove dead and tanned skin cells.
- A mixture of Aloe Vera Gel, Olive Oil, and instant Oatmeal, when applied on the body, can prevent early signs of aging.
- By working as a moisturizer; it increases the water content of your skin and hydrates it.
- It heals insect bites and wounds.
- Helpful for those who wish to reduce the stretch marks.
- It helps to heal chronic skin problems effectively.
- It can be used as after shaving gel as it can heal the cuts of shaving.
- It is used for facial, people who use makeup often can use take benefits of it.
Worry not; if you don’t have this plant in your gardens or backyard. Nowadays you get Aloe Vera Gel in the market in different forms as the gel, scrub, face wash, and cream. If time does not permit you every day to cut and take gel out of the leaf, storing the gel is advisable. This will simplify the uses as and when needed.
How To Use It On The Face?
- Take half a cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- Mix it with Sugar and Lemon
- Apply it on your skin
If used regularly; it will remove dead skin, scars, and acne leaving just the shiny skin with you. It is fragrance; color and chemical free and have no side effects.
To Sum Up:
Aloe Vera is extensively used ever since the ancient times. It is a rich and healthy plant with amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids, and carbohydrates in it. If you are aware of more skin benefits from Aloe Vera, share them in the comment box. Thus, plant more Aloe Vera and enjoy the benefits now.
Note: This information is just for your reference purpose, if you are suffering from any medical condition; please consult your physician before using any remedies. We will not be responsible for any damage / issue!